Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I think we should go back
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only reason I dont go clipped is because when I or have to put my foot down It is clipped in. Then what would I do? Also when I do somejumps and drops on the land my foot slips off the pedal and I nearly fall. It would be nice being able to pull up and push down to pedal though. How do you guys do this?

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Unclipping during stunts can be difficult, so if your riding is mostly about jumping/dropping/hucking sort of thing then you might want to stay with flats. Good shoes and pedal combos can make the slipping minimal, but wear shin pads to help out. OTOH I like staying on my pedals and don't find coming out of the pedals a problem when I need to, but I don't concentrate on jumping/dropping/hucking either. You might want to keep building your skills on flats then when you find yourself not coming off the pedals much try clipless...

ps Clipless pedals are the ones you clip into with cleats on your shoes...clip pedals are the ones using toeclips/straps...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.