Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going clipless for about 2 years now, and i love it in every situation. The only thing is im not sure if i should be using it for some dirt jumping or even jumps on the trail, i have started a habbit of when bunny hopping over somehting, to pop my front like normal, but in stead of tilting my feet down and poping my back up after i pop my front, i jsut pull up with my feet, using the fact that im clipped in, is this an ok habbit to get into? any info or opinions is great

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
Unless you forsee the need to ever bunnyhop unclipped, I don't see the problem. Hell- when I hop (ha ha....ihop), I tend to have both wheels leave the ground at about the same time.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
What you are explaining works really well in slow speed tight technical places such as a log pile in singletrack. Bonny hops allow you to get more height to clear higher obstacles but you need to approach with more momentum and have a good run-out after the fact.

I like to use both depending on the trail in front of me.

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
GearHead has pretty much summed it up.

I've been riding clipless for a few years now, and just got back on a bike with flatties, and realised that I've got a bit lazy and forgotten how to truly bunny hop. I've just got in the habit of pulling up with my feet. As mentioned, clips are great for slow speed bike positioning, but a pain when you get back on the flatties!! :D

Jumping with clipless is fine, although you can't move around the bike as freely as you can with flats. For general jumps out on the trails I wouldn't ride anything else. However if you're at a dedicated jump spot, I'd be a little cautious riding clips. That’s just me though!! :D

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, ya i guess it doesnt matter THAT THAT much, but im just talking about like anytign on the trail and just showing off to my friends around any where i am on steps or anything. But i assume if i ever did wnat to go back to platform for sum un godly reason lol i guess it wouldnt be that hard to jsut point your feet back down after you try and jump off the bike frst time back with platform

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.