Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks for all the replies to my post about clipping in for the first time.

After reading all the replies, I just said screw it and went and did it.

Really wasn't much to debate, once I was in i got hooked and tore up the trail. Much more control and distance.

Did I spill? Yeah once or twice simply because I was slow getting the ankle twist. But damn happy I switched.

Thanks for all the replies gang. Its great to post a beginner question without getting lambashed.

Paul in OC

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went clipless about a week ago, I'm glad I did. It is hard getting used to remembering to twist your ankle out, I've still got them slack as possible, but it's much better than platforms IMO.

I've come off a few times. I was riding along a trail which split off in a river, I slowed right down and had to stop, completely forgetting to disengage my shoes. Ended up in the river full of cow crap, gashing my leg open and a few bruises on my arms and other leg. Just glad no one was around to see it lol.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I also recently went clipless and posted about it here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=477084

Don't bother reading the responses...mostly just people debating clipless vs. flats, which was not my intention at all. Anyway, I love clipless. I need to work up my confidence again on the rough stuff, but I'll get there. If you are considering it, just go for it! You can get a pretty inexpensive set of pedals/shoes to try it out. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.