Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been on clipless pedals for years (eggbeaters) and I love them. I ride xc single track and fire roads on a SC superlight that is set up for xc (non race)use. I bought a pair of flats for riding the skinny my kids and I built, working on wheelies and hitting the kicker in the yard.... Today was day one and it was pretty fun.....

Does anyone out there switch back and forth? Has anyone switched full time to flats even when most riding is XC?

Thanks

JK

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
huh, thats so funny you are asking this because i just did the EXACT same thing. i had eggbeaters for 6 months and got a little more aggressive so i switched to flats. i do xc races, dh, dj's, urban, and just flat out freeriding. i switch out for races to my clipless but i find i like to ride better with flats. just get shinguards as i have already seen my shin bone and i didnt feel to pleasing. but i say go for it, switching really isn't that gard and once you get used to clipless it does not go away when you use flats.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i switch all the time

yerocdr said:
I do the same thing, and i hace a pair of Crankbro's Mallet C's. If the wieght dosn't bother you, then get them.
I have a pair of time atac xs carbon and a pair of odessy flats I ride the time on trails and put the flats on for goofing off, wheelies and bunny hop practise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.