Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I think I'm finally ready to make the move to clipless, but I do ride on the road to commute to work. What pedals should I buy that can be ridden without clipless shoes?
thanks in advance!

·
Unfit Norwegian
1,260 Posts
There are cheaper pedals with an ordinary cage/platform on one side and clipless mechanisms on the other, but these are fairly low end. Why can't you commute with clipless/cycling shoes?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I technically could, but I would rather not have to bring extra shoes. I would like to be able to just wear regular shoes when I do commute. So I am looking for pedals with a slightly larger base. maybe like mallet c's?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Once you get used to clipless pedals, you will hate riding with out them. So don't worry about the platform. Trust me, you will rather carry another pair of shoes than ride platforms.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got Shimano 424s for the platform so I could wear regular shoes on my commutes. That lasted about 3 weeks. However, I find the platform very useful for riding in the city, I unclip on one side fairly often.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I have come down to two different pedals. The time atac alium and the atac z's. what is a better buy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts