Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought some of you might like this. I've been using my mountain bike for commuting now that it's winter, but I don't have any good clipless shoes for around town. So I went to a scrap metal yard and found a small chunk of aluminum angle iron, cut it down with a hack saw and file, and drilled some holes for toe clips and cleats, and voila, Pedal covers that fit my egg beater pedals! They work fantastically well, and they're easy to remove, etc.

Here are a few pictures:

What do you think?

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
Nice! There are a couple of commercially available versions of a clip in platform for SPD pedals out there. I bought some from Nashbar a couple years back, and they were crap...broke them on the first ride. I'm going to look for an appropriate piece of aluminum and make some of these. I like your use of the mini toe clips....my wife's been using them for years; she doesn't like to be attached to her pedals.

jruddusmc: you can get the mini toe clips from Nashbar for $6 (and probably other retailers).

JZ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.