Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
Justin06GT said:
Which do you go downhill with?
many post about this, but really it is about personal preference......it is probably better to be clipped in, but I will never do that...I am a platform type

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
many post about this, but really it is about personal preference......it is probably better to be clipped in, but I will never do that...I am a platform type
I agree on 2 point by SMT, one - it is a beaten topic (many posts) two - It really is personal preference unless, you decision will be based on what the majority uses:confused: To answer the question: I clip:thumbsup: INHO - the way to go for Ultimate control:yesnod:

G

·
Both. Clipless for pedaling and flats for steep/techy stuff. One thing you don't want is to fall over in a chunky rock garden while cliped in...painful! It took a little getting used to with the SPD's as I started on flats, but I can unclip pretty quick now.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
I run Combo. The worst of both worlds!

Attachments

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
I'm a hardcore clipless guy, but after racing a DH hardtail and losing my pedals countless times just from the pounding, I converted to flats & 5.10s. I don't lose my pedals near as much now that I've gotten used to them. I still struggle a bit with jumps since I developed bad habits by relying on being positively connected to the bike, but nothing was worse than losing a clipless pedal in the rock garden or the rough and being unable to clip back in and your foot is banging around on the pedal, ruining your confidence and forcing you to slow down.

If I was racing a dually, I'd probably go back to clipless.

·
Registered
236 Posts
for SPD users, single or multi release.

which one would you prefer?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts