Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of Shimano 540's and I was wondering how you switch these new pedals onto the bike. The screw for the pedal which attaches to the 'pedal leg' seems to rotate continuously. So do I need a wrench of some sort screw it in?

·
semantic blockage
172 Posts
Your question is not too clear - right and left pedals have different thread directions. The right side pedal has normal thread direction (clock-wise to tighten), the left is the opposite. Is this your question? Please remember to grease the pedal threads prior to installation. Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
omegamandb said:
Your question is not too clear - right and left pedals have different thread directions. The right side pedal has normal thread direction (clock-wise to tighten), the left is the opposite. Is this your question? Please remember to grease the pedal threads prior to installation. Good luck. :thumbsup:
Ok I get the different thread directions. But what tools do I need to attach/screw in the new pedals and remove the old ones. Do I need something to clamp down on the area with the thread, and then screw it into the 'leg'?

Sorry if this is a bit unclear.....I'm trying to describe it as well as I can :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.