Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time riding with clipless. I picked up the M770 XT clips this weekend at a really good price. Now I need a shoe. Was looking at either the Shimano MT42NV or the MT32L. I don't need a hard core mountain bike shoe since most of my riding is rails to trails and light off road but I want a quality shoe. Any recommendations or thoughts on these shoes?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I am using a pair of Shimano shoes since 8 or 9 years now. Yes, the same pair. It took me several times over the Alps in Europe and has seen quite a bit of service over the years. So my impression of Shimano shoes is: High quality, long lasting.

Not sure which of the two I'd pick. Mine do have the velco strap - and it did hold up over all those years. But the lower price model has a little flex band you can use to tuck the laces under. That works well, too. And if everything failes you can still tuck the laces under the criss-crossing portion. That is what I do with BMX shoes on platform pedals.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well i just purchased the MT-32 from Bikebling.com used code realdeal got a great discount off i actually got the 44 and the 45 and well just return the one that dosent fit so i will let u guys know what one i choose to wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts