Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, if you want to use them, you'll need a pair of mountain biking shoes and some cleats. If you don't want to use them, see if your shop will swap them out with some flats for a discount (or even free). Which do you want to do?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just installed this type of pedals on my bike last night, first time for me using them. So far all I have done was sit in the garage, clicking my foot in and out, it feels somewhat strange at first, but at the same time its a nice feeling being connected to the bike.

As long as it stops raining I will be heading out this evening on a quick easy ride on them, hopefully I don't run into any problems. I say give them a try, if they don't work out for you then you can always sell them and buy some flat pedals. But, since it looks like for a lot of people one of the first things they change is from flat pedals to clips I would definitely give it a try first.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Set the release tension low while you are learning. Usually, on the Shimano stuff it's marked with + or - so you know which way to turn the bolt.

Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts