Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I might be heading out East for the weekend rather soon and was considering riding Cline Butte. Have never ridden it before as when I am usually out in the Central part of Oregon, we usually hit the Phil's, PRT or Maston. But because I am more of a gravity seeker, I'd like to check Cline Butte out.

So, is it it open? Can we shuttle? Is it worth bringing a 8" DH rig? Or stick to my AM rig?

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you like riding in a sandbox I'm sure Cline would be awesome! Cline is more of a winter riding spot due to the lack of real dirt, and unless we get some rain between now and the weekend the conditions will be just that sandy. Phil's is drying out nicely and everything is pretty free of mud up to 300rd. Whoops has some drain, mud issues on the first few tables, but is clear after that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darn. I was really hoping it wasn't too late in the year yet.

Not really interested in riding lower Phil's area. Just not all that interesting except a few moments these days. One might even say I've had my "Phil" of it.

(Doctor Evil pinkie bite)
Mwhahaha

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the information. It would next weekend if I do go...

What is the shuttling situation like at the moment?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I meant shuttling Cline Butte. I remember reading something about it being a private road on here or somewhere else a while bike. So I just wanted to make sure.

I don't plan on riding any Phil's network trails during my stay in Central Oregon.

Thanks for the information! Definitely appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts