Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
There is no DOT 4.1. It's DOT 3, DOT 4, DOT 5.1. And they're all essentially the same, just refined to different levels. This means different viscosity and boiling point.

Never buy a silicone based brake fluid. If you get something like Motul DOT 5.1, it can be mixed with DOT 3 or 4 fluids. DOT 5.1 is also half as viscuous with a much higher boiling point. This means better piston response and lever feel while reducing fade and fluid expansion.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
There is no DOT 4.1. It's DOT 3, DOT 4, DOT 5.1. And they're all essentially the same, just refined to different levels. This means different viscosity and boiling point.

Never buy a silicone based brake fluid. If you get something like Motul DOT 5.1, it can be mixed with DOT 3 or 4 fluids. DOT 5.1 is also half as viscuous with a much higher boiling point. This means better piston response and lever feel while reducing fade and fluid expansion.
Ok thanks m8,Well im not that clued up on disc,when i had my hopes i got my m8 to bleed them,He just ask me if i could find out what fluid my Clim8 will work with and something about 4.1,5.1,Fluid :confused: maybe i missed heard him,

So if i get some Motul DOT 5.1 DOT 3 or 4 and ge tmy m8 to bleed it then?(Will get him to show me this time i know its not hard im just too busy and usally get me m8's to do my brakes or forks lol)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.