Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i like alliteration. anyway, this came into the shop to have the fenders installed (?). i guess the guy bought it at a yard sale or something. while i'm not a hiawatha fan somebody obviously put a lot of effort into this project at some time & some of the details are pretty neat.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'll race it with my P.Y.T...;).

:D It looks like the fenders are too big :confused: are they 24" tires? The frame is real similar to my frame and it shows how differently they can be set up. :thumbsup: I'm diggin the long sweep on his bars, gotta find some of those ..

Attachments

·
Bicycle repairman
130 Posts

My first attempt at uploading a picture. Let's see how it goes...

This is my "klunker" It was originally built from junk parts as a mud bike to get around the Hershey car swap meet. It was so much fun to ride that I kept upgrading it and now it's my daily rider.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Elgin Clunker

I threw this together today. 28 Elgin, gold alloy arayas, GT forks, Tuf Neck. Shimano rear 3 speed. I don't know if I like the shifter setup, plus the green cable. I may try to rig something up with a different shifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Thanks all. No offense to the cable clamp. I had a chrome stop somewhere but I couldn't find it. Hook me up if you can.

I bought the clamp on cantis on ebay. I was asking around here and somebody posted the auction link. I think they come up now and then. In the early bmx days, alot of people had those made to run center pulls on bmx bikes I think.

The problem with the green cable is that the cable has a stud on the end of it and you can't remove the hub connection pieces. I have been thinking how I might replace the whole shifter. Maybe I can crimp something on the end.

·
Registered
936 Posts
And yes, those are Cook Bros mountain bike forks. Think they look OK? They usually don't line up very well when I have tried to use them in the past, so when they lined up perfectly here, I tightened the bolts and cracked open a beer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts