Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike came with Xpedo MF-3 pedals but I swapped them out for some toe-clip pedals as the store didn't have any shoes in my size and I wanted to start riding as soon as possible and was a little intimidated by clipless. I'd like to start using clipless now during my runs around the neighborhood so I'll be used to them once I hit the trails this spring. I've tried searching but maybe my search is not correct for what I'm looking for.

I have a few questions:

Are these decent pedals? Any pro's or con's would be helpful as well.

What type and where do I get cleats for my pedals?

Should the cleats have come with my bike?

Will the cleats fit any type of shoe or does the type/brand of cleat dictate the shoes?

Thnx - 2Hip

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Answers...

2hip said:
My bike came with Xpedo MF-3 pedals but I swapped them out for some toe-clip pedals as the store didn't have any shoes in my size and I wanted to start riding as soon as possible and was a little intimidated by clipless. I'd like to start using clipless now during my runs around the neighborhood so I'll be used to them once I hit the trails this spring. I've tried searching but maybe my search is not correct for what I'm looking for.

I have a few questions:

Are these decent pedals? Any pro's or con's would be helpful as well.

What type and where do I get cleats for my pedals?

Should the cleats have come with my bike?

Will the cleats fit any type of shoe or does the type/brand of cleat dictate the shoes?

Thnx - 2Hip
1. Don't know, I've never ridden them.
2. The cleats should have come with your pedals. It looks like they're SPD compatible but you should check the Xpedo website for your answer.
3. No, they should have come with the pedals.
4. For the most part, any spd compatible shoe will work with clipless pedals.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Since you said the pedals came with the bike, I assume its either a Fuji or a Windsor. Either way, the cleats should be in the parts box that came with the bike. If not, then contact the company you purchased the bike from.

The pedals are decent, I've been riding with them for one season. They have a positive clip in and are seem to be pretty durable. I don't see any reason to upgrade. They cleats should fit any shoes thats SPD compatible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gearhead_Eng - I do have a Fuji Tahoe. I know the Windsor is a replica of the Fuji but how did you know by the pedal what brand of bike I had?

I spoke with the bike store and they said they'd give me cleats so I should be set.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.