Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is having some problems with her clipless pedals. She rides Time ATAC Aliums with Specialized shoes. The problem is that her right foot wants to be extremely heel in, but i cannot get the cleats to rotate much, if at all, they want to pull back to being straight on the sole. Any advice on how to get the cleats to rotate/reamin rotated would be super helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Perhaps you need to loosen the retention plate a bit before installing the cleats. I had the opposite problem with my Specialized shoes in that I couldn't get the heels to rotate inward enough. With the cleats just barely threaded I moved the whole thing around as much as I could and after a bit I was able to get them into the position I needed.

Another concern might be the treads on the bottom of the shoes. Sometimes they can get in the way and not allow the shoe to move into the position you require. This means you might have to trim the sole a bit. In the past this has been a problem when some Specialized shoe models are matched with ATAC pedals (or so the bike shop pro told me).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts