Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally got my Merlin finished, after much delay, and have gone on several rides. No mud yet, but there is some accumulation of dust and dirt on parts of the frame and drivetrain. My local LBS sold me some Boeshield T9 Lubricant that she said is excellent. My question is how do I clean the frame and the drive train? What is safe to use to clean the titanium? That way I can get it all shiny, take some pics, and post them so that I can show off my new toy. Thanks for any advice! :D

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
TiGuy said:
I've finally got my Merlin finished, after much delay, and have gone on several rides. No mud yet, but there is some accumulation of dust and dirt on parts of the frame and drivetrain. My local LBS sold me some Boeshield T9 Lubricant that she said is excellent. My question is how do I clean the frame and the drive train? What is safe to use to clean the titanium? That way I can get it all shiny, take some pics, and post them so that I can show off my new toy. Thanks for any advice! :D
Use what Seven Cycles uses at the factory on their Ti frames - Lemon Pledge.

·
Registered
17,150 Posts
TiGuy said:
I use Windex and a rag on mine.

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
924 Posts
HUGH said:
Wash with soap and water. Dry. Spray pledge on cloth and rub on frame. Polish off streeks with dry side of cloth!!! Sit back drink a beer (diet coke for me) and smile huge cause the ride is beggin to get dirty all over again.

HUGH
:)
Here's my 24 hr solo SS race bike...just a little smaller than Hugh's ;)

More details and pics here

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mike T. said:
Use what Seven Cycles uses at the factory on their Ti frames - Lemon Pledge.
1speed_Mike said:
Yep, I've been using Lemon Pledge on all my Ti bikes for years. Works great. Smells nice, too.
Lemon Pledge! C'mon you guys, that's so "yesterday". You gotta upgrade... I use Orange Pledge! :D ... Oh yeah, when I do get it muddy I wash it with some generic Home Depot Citrus degreaser first.

·
Mashers Only!!
578 Posts
ButtGumbo said:
Hugh...that is a bad-ass SS...are you like 6'10" ??? :D

Details, please.

-BG

(Edit) Details on the BIKE not YOU, frake!!! :D
I'm 6 feet tall on the dot. I have a 36 inch inseam and ape hanger arms. The bike was custom made for me. It looks big in the picture but it's not. The head tube was made longer than normal so I did not have to use any spacers under the stem. Super stiff set up..

HUGH

·
Registered
32 Posts
HUGH said:
I'm 6 feet tall on the dot. I have a 36 inch inseam and ape hanger arms. The bike was custom made for me. It looks big in the picture but it's not. The head tube was made longer than normal so I did not have to use any spacers under the stem. Super stiff set up..

HUGH
Yeah, the head tube length must have thrown me off. Man. I am seriously coveting your bike. :p Got any more pics?

-BG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.