Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
YRTRNRSHVY
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few DT Swiss Supercomp spokes that need the spoke prep removed from the threads. Does anyone know of what could be used to remove the old dry spoke prep, but not damage the finish on the black spokes? Thanks.

·
YRTRNRSHVY
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried rubbing alcohol. I let the ends soak in and then used a brush and rag and it didn't seem to get much of it off.

·
Registered
22 Posts

lemmy999 said:
I tried rubbing alcohol. I let the ends soak in and then used a brush and rag and it didn't seem to get much of it off.
I'm very interested in finding an answer to this question too. If I find an answer, I will post again to let everyone know what I've found out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Method for Removing Spoke Prep from Spoke Threads

ab138501 said:
I'm very interested in finding an answer to this question too. If I find an answer, I will post again to let everyone know what I've found out.
I think I have found a method that works.

I put nail polish remover on a paper towel, wrapped the end of the spoke in the paper towel, and rotated it in the paper towel repeatedly. That took off a lot of the spoke prep.

Then I took a new spoke nipple and threaded it on and off a couple of times. That removed the rest of the spoke prep.

Give a try. I think it'll work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts