Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do a cleaning / lubing overhaul of my bike. It's an '05 Stumpy FSR-120. I'm getting some major squeakage from every part of the bike from the BB back, so I want to clean and lube pretty much everything. Is there anything I need to know about pulling out the rear suspension link bolts? Is it a bad idea for any reason? Do I need to Loctite them when I put them back on? I can't imagine that it's that big a deal, but I just want to be sure before I start pulling stuff apart.

Thanks for putting up with 2 back to back questions. :)
Scart

·
Plays with tools
4,657 Posts
If the bike is that old you should probably go down to the specialized dealer and get a rebuild kit for it. Then when you pull it all apart you can replace the consumable bearings and bushings. Many kits even come with new bolts as well. Just use some common sense and don't get to ham fisted with anything. It's a great idea to put everything back together with the proper torque specs as well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
On any bike, there are often washers in the pivots that you can't see. Any time you pull a bolt out, or part of the swing arm from the frame, place your hand to catch any washers that may fall out, and pay attention to their whereabouts and orientation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.