Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
grasso e lento
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was cleaning my chain and I was wondering a few things.

1. Since the chain cleaning tools don't work properly on a Single Speed how is everyone else cleaning their chain.

2. Since you have less parts for the chain to move around how often is everyone cleaning their chain.

Just curious....

-Dude

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
not dirty!

I lubricate every other ride with Pedro's. The chain stays clean, maybe something to do with it never reverse bending around a derailleur and staying higher off the ground. If it does need cleaning I'll unsnap the PowerLink for off the bike cleaning.

·
"Mr. Britannica"
1,818 Posts
Dude said:
Ok so I was cleaning my chain and I was wondering a few things.

1. Since the chain cleaning tools don't work properly on a Single Speed how is everyone else cleaning their chain.

2. Since you have less parts for the chain to move around how often is everyone cleaning their chain.

Just curious....

-Dude
1. The old fashioned way... a rag.
2. When filthy dirty... depends on frequency/duration of riding and conditions.

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
I use White Lightening wax based lube, so I don't need to clean the chain very often. When I do, I take it off the bike and use some citrus degreaser in a water bottle. Drop the chain in, shake, soak, repeat a couple of times. Rinse w/ water, let dry, relube.

·
grasso e lento
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Care to send a poor boy like me a tester

Pedro's said:
the Pedro's Chain Machine Kit will work on Singlespeeds. The rotating arm works on bikes with and without a derail.
You know that sounds like a really cool tool and boy could I really pimp one for you but you know what.... That green stuff in my pocket is mold not money... :(

Care to help a poor soul out and front me a tester for a very long time? :D

-Dude

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.