Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the verge of sending my old '95 Ventana Marble Peak FS back to Ventana in order to exchange it for an f/s tandem. But then I stumbled into this forum. The frame is in perfect condition. Completely Polished (by Ventana). The componentry I just removed from the bike was all '95 XTR, 8 speed, v-brake, square bottom bracket spindle, spd m737 pedals, king headset, king hubs (28 radial up front, 32 3 cross out back). Everything is in perfect shape and still runs as though new. the frame is as rigid (laterally) as the day I bought it.

What's the beast worth? To my mind, it was the first (or second, if you count the Turner Burner, built by Ventana) of the 2nd generation of full suspension mountain bikes, and it stood head and shoulders above the competition. It still performs damn well, although it is showing its age in terms of suspension travel and geometry for longer forks, etc. I love the bike but can't afford the tandem I want without cashing in on the trade-in offer from Ventana. So before I send a frame back fr an $800-$900 discount on a frame, I thought I'd check in here.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
cornercarver said:
I am on the verge of sending my old '95 Ventana Marble Peak FS back to Ventana in order to exchange it for an f/s tandem. But then I stumbled into this forum. The frame is in perfect condition. Completely Polished (by Ventana). The componentry I just removed from the bike was all '95 XTR, 8 speed, v-brake, square bottom bracket spindle, spd m737 pedals, king headset, king hubs (28 radial up front, 32 3 cross out back). Everything is in perfect shape and still runs as though new. the frame is as rigid (laterally) as the day I bought it.

What's the beast worth? To my mind, it was the first (or second, if you count the Turner Burner, built by Ventana) of the 2nd generation of full suspension mountain bikes, and it stood head and shoulders above the competition. It still performs damn well, although it is showing its age in terms of suspension travel and geometry for longer forks, etc. I love the bike but can't afford the tandem I want without cashing in on the trade-in offer from Ventana. So before I send a frame back fr an $800-$900 discount on a frame, I thought I'd check in here.
I did the trade in, trade up program with Sherwood/Theresa with my 96/97ish Ventana Marble Peak.
IMO, the discount you get with turning in the frame is more than what you can get by selling the frame outright.

Rather...I don't see anyone willing to pay $800+ for that frame. We're all for vintage stuff...but most early full suspension bikes don't get that much love.

Just my $.02...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.