Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got her today at noon. not much to say the bike is sweet. i need a heavier spring so i can't really say how it takes a big hit. the trails i did ride where very familiar to me and this bike handled everything without a hiccup. action pics after i get a spring and can get some air under the tires. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Very nice dude, hope to see some action pics soon!

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
I never much cared for Trek. Thought they were more of a status symbol than a decent bike....but...I have to say that is one SWEET bike. I love the blacked-outness of it. SWEET!!! O'yeah I already said that. Killer Bike. Let us know how it is after a ride or two.

How much geetus, ($$$), you got invested there Holmes???? Is ya don't min' me askin'??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$0.000.00

the frame was compliments of Trek for a cracked diesel! I had all of the other parts on a bullit while i was waiting for this frame. not a trail bike at all, it's about 42 pounds but that is just a guess. it is definitly heavier than my bullit with the exact same components.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
kyle said:
the frame was compliments of Trek for a cracked diesel! I had all of the other parts on a bullit while i was waiting for this frame. not a trail bike at all, it's about 42 pounds but that is just a guess. it is definitly heavier than my bullit with the exact same components.
Ohh...THAT Kyle. I've got a Bullit too :D Your 66rc inspired me to get one too. Killer fork.
Very nice Trek. Mee likee blackee outy. :D Look betah dan flied lice.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Wow, are the 66 lowers really that tall? Looks like the seals are way above your tire!

So it's really a 210mm fork with 170mm of travel? Talk about slackin it!

Sweet bike BTW! Naughty girls always look better when dirty!

·
Registered
606 Posts
scabrider said:
holy slack head angle...
That's what I'm sayin. If the 66 has lowers that are 40mm above normal height, then that makes for a 210mm fork up front!!!

Should feel good in a straight line and hucking, but must be hell trying to steer that boat through twisty DH single track.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.