Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a quick question if you don't mind.

Right now I have CL hubs mounted on my bike (Scott Team Disc CL, Shimano FH-RM65 Disc CL).

I was wondering: if I buy a new set of rims with 6 bolts hubs (discs already included) will I be able to mount them with my current brakes? Or should I buy new brakes as well?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AndrwSwitch said:
New brakes would be overkill. New rotors are a possibility. There's a thread on the brakes forum that may already address whatever specific combination you're considering.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=286460
Thank you.

The wheels that I will be buying already have rotors, so maybe I'm good.

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
rafab said:
Thank you.

The wheels that I will be buying already have rotors, so maybe I'm good.

Thanks!
You'll be fine as long as the rotors are the same aize, if bigger then you'll need adapters to raise the caliper mounted on the frame/fork, but if your rotors are same, swap your cassette over and tires/tubes and go ride. You may have to adjust the calipers, actually loosen them on both frame and fork and re-allign them.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
rafab said:
Hello all, I have a quick question if you don't mind.

Right now I have CL hubs mounted on my bike (Scott Team Disc CL, Shimano FH-RM65 Disc CL).

I was wondering: if I buy a new set of rims with 6 bolts hubs (discs already included) will I be able to mount them with my current brakes? Or should I buy new brakes as well?

Many thanks!
You are from Argentina. Your signature says "Sorry for my lousy English. Please feel free to point out my errors"

You wrote your question perfectly and was very easy to understand......

On the other hand, sometimes on MTBR we get native English speakers who use the word "breaks" for "brakes" and other errors in grammar......:madman:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wickerman1 said:
You'll be fine as long as the rotors are the same aize, if bigger then you'll need adapters to raise the caliper mounted on the frame/fork, but if your rotors are same, swap your cassette over and tires/tubes and go ride. You may have to adjust the calipers, actually loosen them on both frame and fork and re-allign them.
Thank you.

Currently I have a 180 / 160, with an adapter in the front brake. So I guess that won't be an issue.

osmarandsara said:
You are from Argentina. Your signature says "Sorry for my lousy English. Please feel free to point out my errors"

You wrote your question perfectly and was very easy to understand......

On the other hand, sometimes on MTBR we get native English speakers who use the word "breaks" for "brakes" and other errors in grammar......:madman:
Thanks! I work hard to improve my English, and is nice to read that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.