Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, who wants to ride in the city this weekend? We can meet by 9am somewhere that's accesible for most. I'm thinking maybe in Prado Norte, in las Lomas. For those with cars it's a safe place, and for others, they can get to the 'Auditorio' metro station and ride over there.

We can go to Chapultepec, Reforma, La Condesa, Del Valle and maybe El Parque Hundido and back.

Who says 'yo'? :D :thumbsup: :yesnod:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
Hi, who wants to ride in the city this weekend? We can meet by 9am somewhere that's accesible for most. I'm thinking maybe in Prado Norte, in las Lomas. For those with cars it's a safe place, and for others, they can get to the 'Auditorio' metro station and ride over there.

We can go to Chapultepec, Reforma, La Condesa, Del Valle and maybe El Parque Hundido and back.

Who says 'yo'? :D :thumbsup: :yesnod:
Not to be rude... but I want dirt. :thumbsup:

I know Chiluca is hot, muddy and miserable and Desierto and Ajusco are cold, muddy and miserable; but it's been three weeks since my last "ride" (we had to cut it short for a mechanical Edgar had) and I want to squeeze the AM1 and put to test the new Maggie lever.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Warp said:

I know Chiluca is hot, muddy and miserable and Desierto and Ajusco are cold, muddy and miserable; but it's been three weeks since my last "ride" (we had to cut it short for a mechanical Edgar had) and I want to squeeze the AM1 and put to test the new Maggie lever.

Any ideas?
Ideas??? not really.... mine are all cold, muddy and miserable:D :D :D

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warp said:

Any ideas?
With the state of the city pavement, your new fork will get more work than on a rock garden...... j/k

I'd do Chiluca if we don't start doing 'Las Hojas'... well, even then.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
With the state of the city pavement, your new fork will get more work than on a rock garden...... j/k

I'd do Chiluca if we don't start doing 'Las Hojas'... well, even then.
I'd do whatever has dirt... If we do Chiluca, we can split and climb over Hojas and main road and re-join at Colosio.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warp said:
I'd do whatever has dirt... If we do Chiluca, we can split and climb over Hojas and main road and re-join at Colosio.
I don't know. I'd climb Las Hojas if everybody want's to do it, and willing to wait for me......

How would we get to Espiritu Santo? I guess that right now the woods would suck big time because of mud, but again, I'll bring my scuba diving gear, just in case...

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rzozaya1969 said:
I don't know. I'd climb Las Hojas if everybody want's to do it, and willing to wait for me......

How would we get to Espiritu Santo? I guess that right now the woods would suck big time because of mud, but again, I'll bring my scuba diving gear, just in case...
BTW, do you know what the rest of the gang is doing? I think it's been a long time since I've rode with them....

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
BTW, do you know what the rest of the gang is doing? I think it's been a long time since I've rode with them....
No, I don't know either... Rocky_Rene was out last two weekends too.

I'll check with them.

Actually, I'm also more inclined to ride Ajusco/Desierto than Chiluca.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Warp said:

I'll check with them.

Me 2, I'd like to ride Desierto, but it depends on where everybody wants to do...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Warp said:

I'll check with them.

I'm up for anything, although knowing from you the muddy conditions of Chiluca I´d rather ride in other place; my tires s*ck big time for mud conditions and the new ones are still on the wait. I would suggest Salazar, but I'm not sure how it is gonna be now with the raining season, and probably not the best place to test a fork; for that, no better place than SNT, but I'm bias towards Ajusco. The long story make short: think of a place, but an urban ride, and I'll be there (except the urban has lots drops with good trannies and dirt jumps)

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
Yeah! Cold, wet and miserable rules!
Lets do ajusco or something

Edit: Actually, there is a DH race in SNT on Sunday. I want to go alot, but Im doubting it for 2 reasons:
1. 200 pesos could maybe be destined towards a nobler cause since Tacubaya is leaving to the US that same day
2. there is a small section which, unless you have a Dh FS bike, is nearly impossible to ride (a small rooty drop, with the landing very narrow and filled with rocks and a tight curve after it:eekster: )

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We could do Desierto or Chiluca then. Damn, I don't know how hard Chiluca will be on this time of year because of mud.

There is a group that is going to do Valle de Bravo on sunday, but I think that the logistic will be hard (we need to be at 6 am at some point in the south of the city, and it will make it hard to make because of the transportation.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Are we talking sunday? Could we try Circuito Ajusco? I'm sure I can do it faster than last time I went with Mr. ritopc. Desierto would be fine also.
Saturday I think I riding with the locals a 22 km loop near El Nevado, If someone is interested you are more than wellcome, we usually start riding at 8 - 8:30 am.

El Rivas

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
arivas said:
Are we talking sunday? Could we try Circuito Ajusco? I'm sure I can do it faster than last time I went with Mr. ritopc. Desierto would be fine also.
Saturday I think I riding with the locals a 22 km loop near El Nevado, If someone is interested you are more than wellcome, we usually start riding at 8 - 8:30 am.

El Rivas
I'm game, if you consider that I'm the slow spoke in the group. Anyway, at what time do you propose to meet, and where?

·
Mexican e-rider
977 Posts
I need to get some dirt on my tires too, but right now I'm on antibiotics :mad: Let me know if you settle for Desierto or the Ajusco.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
elmadaleno said:
I need to get some dirt on my tires too, but right now I'm on antibiotics :mad: Let me know if you settle for Desierto or the Ajusco.
I'd love doing Ajusco... but Desierto would be good too. Just that Ajusco is a bit more fun. That Circuito Ajusco everybody is raving about would be nice.

Any way of transportation for me and Rocky_Rene?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.