Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm planning on building a custom SS, with front disc, and looking for hubs.

I find this Circus Monkey hub quite sexy, but I never heard about them...

Circus Monkey HDW CNC 6 Bolt Disc MTB Front Hub 115g 32 Hole Orange | eBay

I'm looking to build a durable, city SS, black with gold accent, and have some bling on it...

The hub look nice, even if its made in Taiwan, it doesn't really matter, since almost every single bike parts are made there anyway. But do the look is only fooling us or is this something comparable, to lets say a basic Shimano Deore hub ?

No offroad intended and no abuse either, since the bike will be more of bling then dirt...

What you think ?

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's just a front hub. Sealed bearings. It's a fairly simple design. I'm sure it would hold up to the kind of riding you're describing as well as look great.

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are rated for MTB use so I would suspect they are strong enough. TI axles however so depending on your weight they could be a little flexy otherwise that is a really good price for a nice looking hub IMO
Is 110 pounds of happiness too much then ? :p

And thanks for the input guys.

David

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dang, you could ride anything!

The other thing I noticed is the fronts are really light. Nice bonus there! Post up if you build with them, I would love to see the results.
I'll post the whole bike once done in a thread already existing... I've already start designing the new paint job and now I'm saving enough money to buy everything and build the bike... Probably be a winter build, since I've spend a few hundreds on a trail bike this summer...

Seems weird, but getting $500 and up is quite long when you don't have a full-time job and other expenses...

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts