Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us D.O.Ders from Eugene are heading over to the Bend side of the hill to ride around Bachelor. Sunday, August 7, we're meeting at Lava Lakes Campground at 10:00. The pace will be quite quick, with regroups; the ride is about 30 miles of singletrack and is quite technical in spots. The General says to expect to be away from the vehicles for 5 hours or so. Anyone interested, meet us there or post back with questions.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would have gone with ya, but I'll be riding the MRT. A group of us from alt.mountain-bike will be meeting at the lower bridge at 9:00 am. Too bad for me. Have a good ride.

·
dusty paw tracks
208 Posts
much better ride...

... later in the fall. We regularly do this in late September through October when the trail conditions improve greatly. Also I recommend starting at the Sunrise gate and heading around towards the south. After arriving at a tunnel heading up from Edison the singletrack begins and you get the lava cobble to Kwoll Butte section. That leaves the 2000' descent to Lava Lake as your reward, then up around via Lava to Metolius Windigo back to the car. It's a great loop and makes a lot more sense than starting at Lava, of course there are lots of ways to skin a cat.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
slimTreeshadow said:
... later in the fall. We regularly do this in late September through October when the trail conditions improve greatly. Also I recommend starting at the Sunrise gate and heading around towards the south. After arriving at a tunnel heading up from Edison the singletrack begins and you get the lava cobble to Kwoll Butte section. That leaves the 2000' descent to Lava Lake as your reward, then up around via Lava to Metolius Windigo back to the car. It's a great loop and makes a lot more sense than starting at Lava, of course there are lots of ways to skin a cat.
I like the ride in both directions. The main reason for starting at Lava Lake is most of the riders are wetsiders and LL is a heck of a lot closer drive before and after the ride.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great ride

I'd recomment this ride to anyone looking or a great daytrip. The trail was surely a bit dry and dusty, but since it had rained a bit the week before, it was sweet. The entire route took us 5-6 hours,with plenty of re-groups but not too much putzin' around. We had fun, took a few pictures, climbed for hours, descended a bit. I'll do it again next year for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.