Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s still pretty good. Little rusty.

Pro tip. When the rim strips get sun bleached, just rotate the strip so the unsullied part now shows through the holes. Good as new.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Review is a little sparse.

My 2013 Grape Ape w/ lefty max is my favorite bike. Bought late 2013 and put into service mid '14. 3,000mi since then, it gets 2/3+ of my total miles per year. I'd even consider picking up a 2014 or 15 Ti frame as a backup with the same geo and parts fit for well into the future. (PM if you're down with that) It's my 4 seasons and bad conditions bike. 4.0s on 65mm for 3 seasons and 4.8s on 100mm(f)/ 80mm(r) for snow. The alternator's need to be cleaned up every once in a while because they start to creak like a bad BB, but it is my bad conditions bike and only gets a 2 min wipe down at most so I don't hold that against it. Thinking about a 29+ wheelset to add another layer of fun.

·
Rippin da fAt
10,486 Posts
I would venture to say the venerable Muk is still on the prowl in large numbers. Sure there were some forks recalled however, the Muk was always a good rig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.