Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i admit I was wrong. When the new Cinderella Re-route was done (JMP park in oakland). I was critical of the trail work and the fact that they took out the old fun ending. Well I rode it a few weeks back and I'll hafta say it was pretty fun. Especially since the trail has had some time to set. Its fun carrying momentum into the new single track, and it flows pretty well. The small rolling gappable doubles near the end are fun as well. I also like some of the newer trail features on the old exisiting trail, although that wall ride is pretty dumb, but at least its optional.

That is all :) :thumbsup: :p

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
So i admit I was wrong. When the new Cinderella Re-route was done (JMP park in oakland). I was critical of the trail work and the fact that they took out the old fun ending. Well I rode it a few weeks back and I'll hafta say it was pretty fun. Especially since the trail has had some time to set. Its fun carrying momentum into the new single track, and it flows pretty well. The small rolling gappable doubles near the end are fun as well. I also like some of the newer trail features on the old exisiting trail, although that wall ride is pretty dumb, but at least its optional.

That is all :) :thumbsup: :p
Racist

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just rode the Cinderella reroute yesterday for the first time, and although I do miss the chunky fall line finish that was eliminated, the new section is pretty well built and must've taken a lotta work. Chaparral is still the better trail though ;)

Also, the 2$ hill reroute is pretty nice too, although I'm pissed I'll never be able to say I cleaned 2$ hill.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Cindy reroute is great even though I pinch flatted yesterday on my 2nd lap. The old chunky fall line was fun but over too quickly. 2$ hill re-route is fine/fun but I'll miss the Old climb which I made once. JMP improvements are Awesome!!

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,691 Posts
I don't know what kind of new troll this but okay
iheart is an old troll.

But I like him anyway.

This could be way off base, but what with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the reroutes that occurred, iheart could be comically and nonsensically attacking anyone who likes the reroute in order to show how silly the complaining was. It is how I choose to interpret his statements, at least.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am fine with the re-route portion now that it has matured. It is a totally different experience and will never compare with the thrilling (and reckless) end it replaced, but I agree with Yody that is actually fun now.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
This could be way off base, but what with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the reroutes that occurred, iheart could be comically and nonsensically attacking anyone who likes the reroute in order to show how silly the complaining was. It is how I choose to interpret his statements, at least.
Interesting interpretation, but clearly the correct interpretation has to be in the context of, or even in direct response to, this whole Donald Sterling fiasco - the old fall line represents the good old days, and the new re-route represents the modern, progressive way of thinking. iheart feels it is racist to complain about the old way of thinking, even if it is in private.

Yep - nailed it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts