Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Brundage race last weekend and see that Adventure maps has a mccall map now. I haven't looked closely at it but know the quality this company makes. If I go ride mccall, I'll definitely buy one of these maps.

http://www.adventuremaps.net/product/product.php?pid=40

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Trying to get Adventure Maps in conjunction with SWIMBA to produce one for the Boise area. It would kick the nuts totally off of any R2R map. Stay tuned.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,981 Posts
Ordered mine on Sunday, used PayPal to purchase, it arrived yesterday in a discrete brown paper wrapper. It's a quality piece.

They should make one for the Boise area that includes Owyhee front, central footsies, Eagle and Avimor, ridge to Shafer. Nothing R2R or USFS puts out could ever compare in quality or usability.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
TwistedCrank said:
They should make one for the Boise area that includes Owyhee front, central footsies, Eagle and Avimor, ridge to Shafer. Nothing R2R or USFS puts out could ever compare in quality or usability.
That's the plan. I even know somebody who is good at GIS type map thingies who may be able to help.

Yep.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Glad you guys like the maps- it was a joint project with Adventure Maps and CIMBA and we're all really excited with the results. Everyone needs to buy multiple copies

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do proceeds from the maps fund CIMBA/trail building? If not, that seemed like a disadvantage of using adventure maps.

Are you CIMBA guys talking with the SWIMBA guys for how to get the equivalent for boise area trails?

·
mtbr member
154 Posts
AlliKat said:
Do proceeds from the maps fund CIMBA/trail building? If not, that seemed like a disadvantage of using adventure maps.
Are you CIMBA guys talking with the SWIMBA guys for how to get the equivalent for boise area trails?
yes, and i think so.
some copies are at a few of the boise shops. soon, they will be at all of the shops.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
I got the heads up from Alana with CIMBA about the map and I even scored a gratis one! Seems like it has most of the trails on it with which I was already familiar but there is SO MUCH potential for more trails up there!

As for the Boise area, I've sent a couple of emails over to Scott at Adventure Maps and tried to hook in a couple of the curmudgeonly "old guard" of trail builders around here on the SWIMBA board as the resident gurus, but that's as far as its gotten. Scott is busy and as for the old guard, they've got other items on their agenda.

In other words, I'm trying, but don't hold your breath.

·
mtbr member
154 Posts
TwistedCrank said:
Ordered mine on Sunday, used PayPal to purchase, it arrived yesterday in a discrete brown paper wrapper. It's a quality piece.
surprised you got the map. :thumbsup: from the whitecloud thread i thought all of the trails in idaho could close and you'd be unaffected. :D

you should have pm'd me. i would have driven down asap to hand deliver a map. then we could have argued about trail closure and trail access. if you didn't submit i would have seatpost whipped you. don't worry if any blood got on the map, it is waterproof and we could rinse it off with water or beer and then head out for a ride.:lol:

·
mtbr member
154 Posts
Earthpig said:
I got the heads up from Alana with CIMBA about the map and I even scored a gratis one! Seems like it has most of the trails on it with which I was already familiar but there is SO MUCH potential for more trails up there!
the map is intended to cover the core of rideable trails. unfortunately/fortunately, we KNOW the potential for more trails. a lot of people are working on different aspects of the trails and it is coming together. imo, last year was the launching point. every year big strides will be made.

this weekend CIMBA and Wild Rockies will be working together to clear the Xterra course. anyone is free to drop in and help.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
accesspig said:
the map is intended to cover the core of rideable trails. unfortunately/fortunately, we KNOW the potential for more trails. a lot of people are working on different aspects of the trails and it is coming together. imo, last year was the launching point. every year big strides will be made.

this weekend CIMBA and Wild Rockies will be working together to clear the Xterra course. anyone is free to drop in and help.
Given that there were no real maps of the area, and Adventure Maps does the best job, I think getting a McCall area map is a huge score! Good job!

(This is one of those few moments I regret being divorced. My ex was from McCall which meant several trips up there every summer to ride....)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Earthpig said:
(This is one of those few moments I regret being divorced. My ex was from McCall which meant several trips up there every summer to ride....)
Hell, now you get to actually ride when you go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts