Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great! 650b by default. Thanks CK
It's a nice bike, but only being offered as a solution all of those smaller framed people who are beating down LBS doors for a 29er, and it appears that the 650b wheeled frame can only be got in XS and Sml. Come ON?!?
Is there no Med or Lg being made available for those over 5'6" who may not be drooling over the latest/greatest 29" wheel wunder rig?
Amazingly this TrekFish is available in a 14.5" frame!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
umassracer said:
Great! 650b by default. Thanks CK
It's a nice bike, but only being offered as a solution all of those smaller framed people who are beating down LBS doors for a 29er, and it appears that the 650b wheeled frame can only be got in XS and Sml. Come ON?!?
Is there no Med or Lg being made available for those over 5'6" who may not be drooling over the latest/greatest 29" wheel wunder rig?
Amazingly this TrekFish is available in a 14.5" frame!
Good points. There are bigger 650b options out there, of course, and I don't doubt that this bike will branch out into bigger frames if there's demand.

I think that proportional frame/wheel sizing could potentially be the hook to sell a big brand on the 650b wheelsize, though.
If one of them offers 26" up to say, 15", 650b up to around 18" and 29'er above that and touts the proportional aspect,
I think that's something they could sell to bike shops and market to customers, as well as a foot in the door for the wheelsize gaining wider acceptance.
And some companies will shortly thereafter offer full size ranges in the wheel size just 'cause they're sold on it, or see a niche/demand.

This is all theoretical and just a guess on my part, of course...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.