Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little early friday evening chunk-age to kick the weekend off.

Attachments

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
What bars you ridin' there hoss? They look mighty wide.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
mtnfiend said:
What bars you ridin' there hoss? They look mighty wide.
Sunline V1, GREAT bars...they come in permuation of 2 lengths (711 and 745mm) with choice of rise (19mm or 38mm)

I have the long/hi-rise version and they rock though I think the Chromag OS bars (730mm x 25mm rise) have a better feel and are a bit lighter if that matters

and nice Iron Mtn pics felchaholic...chunky!

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Sunline V1, GREAT bars...they come in permuation of 2 lengths (711 and 745mm) with choice of rise (19mm or 38m)
They look good, but can you two finger brake with these sort of bars?

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Enel said:
They look good, but can you two finger brake with these sort of bars?
2 finger braking is a state of mind, you can achieve this with any bar, just be sure not to listen to the 1 finger evangelists like AquAHOLEic

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
Meanwhile, 400 miles away, other riders are simultaneously participating in chunklihood.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Enel:

That looks like quality chunk!!! It's trippy to look at that topography, and space on the idea of it being an ancient sea bed, gazillions of years ago...now turned sideways. That 60 grit granite is griptastic, eh?

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
Aquaholic said:
Enel:

That looks like quality chunk!!! It's trippy to look at that topography, and space on the idea of it being an ancient sea bed, gazillions of years ago...now turned sideways. That 60 grit granite is griptastic, eh?
The grip is amazing. Better even than sandstone IMO. It doesn't even get that bad when wet.

As far as the sea floor thing, Granite is volcanic in origin. All these rocks are essentially cooled magma that got pushed up, had the overlying stuff wash away, and have then weathered for 1/4 billion years. They will be here long after I am gone. The amazing thing is to see photos from the "cowboy and indian", and railroad days 100 years ago, and the rocks are essentially unchanged in the back ground.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Are 29ers really better than a deeper travel FS 26er with meaty tires in the chunk? I know 29ers roll over little stuffer better, but I just don't have enough time on one in the chunk. Those videos make it look easy.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
pureslop said:
What make is that bike? Interesting looking fork!
The bike is fully rigid Ti Jeff Jones.....And the fork is pure art in Ti..And the goods news is for only $9000 you too can own and ride this work of bicycle art...Great video's Aqua, I would of cleaned that line is the 3rd video but hey don't give up brother keep at it...:thumbsup: CF.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Enel said:
As far as the sea floor thing, Granite is volcanic in origin. All these rocks are essentially cooled magma that got pushed up, had the overlying stuff wash away, and have then weathered for 1/4 billion years. They will be here long after I am gone. The amazing thing is to see photos from the "cowboy and indian", and railroad days 100 years ago, and the rocks are essentially unchanged in the back ground.
are you suggesting that some of those rocks are as old as Aqua?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts