Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I read anything on these forums, the two of you always have great information or advice, or your post are interesting to read. Have the two of you ever met or ridden together?
Keep up with all the good info.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
Joe Dirt said:
Whenever I read anything on these forums, the two of you always have great information or advice, or your post are interesting to read. Have the two of you ever met or ridden together?
Keep up with all the good info.
thanks JD. nope, chuky and i have never met or ridden together. not even sure if we're on the same side of the country. :)

rt

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
Actually, I don't think we could be further apart...

since I am in SoCal...

Maybe we should have a Women's lounge ride in New Mexico and we can all go halfway. ;-)

Cheers,
C

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
or Fuita

I think screampint rides as much or more than all of us. She always seems to have a great attitude, and she lives in the most awsome riding you can imagine.

Better food options in New Mexico, for sure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey

My parents moved to New Mexico about 4 years ago, although I have not ridden there yet.....except around where they live.....not an easy feat for a Florida girl. But this year will be the year. I am stock piling my vaction and doing it right.
Now I have met RT and I can at least confirm her riding capabilities and she is "all that"...

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
chuky said:
since I am in SoCal...

Maybe we should have a Women's lounge ride in New Mexico and we can all go halfway. ;-)

Cheers,
C
hey, i'll be in SoCal at the end of this month......SD for a week at a "conference" (this way, work pays for it & i still get to take my bike).

rt

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
Dirtygrl said:
My parents moved to New Mexico about 4 years ago, although I have not ridden there yet.....except around where they live.....not an easy feat for a Florida girl. But this year will be the year. I am stock piling my vaction and doing it right.
Now I have met RT and I can at least confirm her riding capabilities and she is "all that"...
thanks girl. i'm not really "all that".....in fact, right now i'm becomming "more of this" since i've been doing a whole lotta eating and not much riding.

oh, wait. i think i'm supposed to call that "winter training". yeah, that's it.

NM has awesome riding. i'd love to get back out there...

rt

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
Well then, let us know if you want to hook up for a ride...

*rt* said:
hey, i'll be in SoCal at the end of this month......SD for a week at a "conference" (this way, work pays for it & i still get to take my bike).

rt
Lot of good stuff in SD.

Cheers,
C

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Santa Fe?

*rt* said:
thanks girl. i'm not really "all that".....in fact, right now i'm becomming "more of this" since i've been doing a whole lotta eating and not much riding.

oh, wait. i think i'm supposed to call that "winter training". yeah, that's it.

NM has awesome riding. i'd love to get back out there...

rt
If you have ridden around Santa Fe I would love to hear about what you liked. My sister lives there, but I haven't found much riding near by, and the shops seeem hesitant to share the trail info. (feels like the surf shops in Hawaii and So Cal.)

On the other hand, I have found awesome motorcycle rides out there, and lots of cool folks who ride dirt bikes.

·
Carpe Noctem
311 Posts
I know my gender doesn't fit here but I'll go away soon. rt, is that someplace near Cedro? it looks like Otero... dirty girl and lutarious there are at least a few good, cheap books about riding in the area and most of the shops in the alb area are prety forthcoming with trail info.

G

·
did you say clinic or seminar? :)

hey *rt*...

are you gonna put on a clinic while you are here? :)

maybe we could all go ride noble or SJT.

the wife could really use some women riders to learn from. i'm afraid if she tries to emulate Aquaholic she will wind up buying a Jone's 29'er and max out all our credit cards. :)

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
OnTheMoment said:
I know my gender doesn't fit here but I'll go away soon. rt, is that someplace near Cedro? it looks like Otero... dirty girl and lutarious there are at least a few good, cheap books about riding in the area and most of the shops in the alb area are prety forthcoming with trail info.
that's south boundry trail.

phenomenonal day of riding! also did a day of riding just outside Abq, a day in Los Alamos, and a day at windsor trail. all in all 100 miles of great riding in 4 days. couldn't wipe the grin off my face for weeks afterward. :)

rt

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
mechmann_mtb said:
hey *rt*...

are you gonna put on a clinic while you are here? :)

maybe we could all go ride noble or SJT.

the wife could really use some women riders to learn from. i'm afraid if she tries to emulate Aquaholic she will wind up buying a Jone's 29'er and max out all our credit cards. :)
hehe. not unless your wife wants to learn how to get out of shape & lazy during the winter!! :D

i'd love to hook up with you guys for a ride while i'm in town. i'm hoping to finally get out to Noble this year. did SJT last year and had a day where i completely forgot how to ride a bike. poor dirtcrab and friends had to wait for me while i walked the better part of 7 miles of trail. not a stellar day in my riding career! :rolleyes:

rt

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
chuky said:
Lot of good stuff in SD.

Cheers,
C
will do! i'll be in SD from the 23-29 of this month (jan). my conference will have me for the 23rd & 25th (sheesh, they actually expect me to work on a work sponsored trip! ;)), and i've promised Carter a day on the water on the 27th, but other than that i'd love to hook up to ride. i'll definately be bringing my road bike with me. might also try to ship the mtb out as well.

rt

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool

*rt* said:
will do! i'll be in SD from the 23-29 of this month (jan). my conference will have me for the 23rd & 25th (sheesh, they actually expect me to work on a work sponsored trip! ;)), and i've promised Carter a day on the water on the 27th, but other than that i'd love to hook up to ride. i'll definately be bringing my road bike with me. might also try to ship the mtb out as well.

rt
I know a lot of women and men on here have a ton of good tips, I didnt mean to single the two of you out. It is cool though that a simple post may mean a new freindship (not just online). I want to know if that happens.

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
OnTheMoment said:
least a few good, cheap books about riding in the area and most of the shops in the alb area are prety forthcoming with trail info.
books are okay, and shops are good, but there are a number of very cool and fun mtbrers in Santa Fe/Alb that can always find the time to lead a ride... rt might be willing to vouch for a few of us..

just drop a thread in the NM forum if you're looking for rides in the land of enchantment

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
don't go anywhere with sportsman...

sportsman said:
books are okay, and shops are good, but there are a number of very cool and fun mtbrers in Santa Fe/Alb that can always find the time to lead a ride... rt might be willing to vouch for a few of us..

just drop a thread in the NM forum if you're looking for rides in the land of enchantment
he'll kick your butt 3 ways to sunday on a 44x12 singlespeed and chat with you all the way up the steepest pitches while you struggle for O2 in the thin mountain air. :D :D :D

just kidding. i'll vouch for all the NM folks I met. fantastic group of people. especially scott (and glen and matt and joe and...).

rt

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
*rt* said:
don 't go anywhere with sportsman
yup, I'd second that. I should've been more clear in my post that there are other people in NM that would gladly lead rides....

*rt* said:
44x12 singlespeed and chat with you all the way up the steepest pitches while you struggle for O2 in the thin mountain air.
i don't usually ride a 44x12. I was just intimidated by your (and glenzx's) race palmares and wanted to try to keep up with ya.. The chatting was just an effort to keep you talking to slow you down :D

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
*rt* said:
he'll kick your butt 3 ways to sunday on a 44x12 singlespeed and chat with you all the way up the steepest pitches while you struggle for O2 in the thin mountain air. :D :D :D

just kidding. i'll vouch for all the NM folks I met. fantastic group of people. especially scott (and glen and matt and joe and...).

rt
Or at least make sure he's already got 30 miles on his legs before you hook up with him.

I'll second the "Thumbs Up" on NM boarders. Except for Glen. I hear he's a prick :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.