Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am riding Chromag Contact's since last year and one thing that is bothering me is that they do not spin well. When spinning them with my hand they do not even do a full turn, where other pedals (Specialized, Race Face) spin around multiple full turns. Not sure how relevant this is in terms of pedaling efficiency, but I am still wondering if this is normal for the Chromag Contacts, or if there is something wrong with mine. Both pedals behave the same, and they have been doing so since I first installed them.

Any advice is appreciated! :)

Regards, Robert

· Advanced Slacker
15,808 Posts
As long as they are smooth and have been consistent, its fine. The drag is either the grease or the seals. I would be more concerned when they start to spin with no friction.

If the drag were due to bad or binding bearings, after a year they would feel like crap (rough and/or some play in them).

· Registered
2,335 Posts
The theory is it's easier to land back on the pedal if it stays in the same position it was in when your foot left it.

FWIW I've never had flats that spin new, only once they're close to rebuilding time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.