Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need someone to do some trail recon for me in Pisgah. It's not a big deal, really - you just have to travel throughout Pisgah and find me the most rideable trails over the next 4-5 days.

Great. Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish I could help you out with this one. I'll be spending the next week suffering through a vacation in Cancun. I'll be happy to check out some of the local trails while on vacation.:thumbsup:

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Judging by the mess of slop and slush in my backyard, There are no trails worth riding in Pisgah. I've never seen the ground this wet. To top it off, my basement has flooded!

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
"It's too thick to navigate, and it's too thin to plow"

Good time to catch up on the Honey-Do's or procrastinated projects.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still, really? I thought Pisgah was pretty much a rain forest, always wet. Surely by Mon/Tues there would be some higher elevation trails as firm as they typically are...no?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yes still, the ground is very wet from a normal amount of rain and at the higher elevations there's still snow on the ground. It melts some during the day and then refreezes at night. In the winter the drying comes from very dry blowing air and some evaporation on sunny days. We've had nights cold enough to keep the water frozen, higher than normal humidty, and very few sunny days since the snow 10 days ago.

With the slow melt of the snow it's like we've had 10 straight days of moderate to heavy rain....

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
I rode today all singletrack and the trails are fine - this is what mtn biking is all about.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts