Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an afternoon. A snowstorm was predicted for the PM today, and we hustled to get a ride and some shovel time in before the China white started to fall. As it turns out, it started to come down pretty good just as we were finishing up. Some stoke from the Barrel trail.

1. Top of the climb with Pine Valley Mountain in the distance.
2. Some residual white from last week.
3. Wasea hittin the double
4. Austin hitting the double

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earlier this week I posted some shots of the new hip we built. I guinea pigged it 3 times trying to get the speed right ect. I didn't have the huevos to throw much steeeze.

1. El C
2. El C
3. Wasea on the hip
4. Austin overshoots lands a good 6 feet down the tranny.

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And one final shot of a new feature we started working on yesterday. We call it the Base Jump, or BJ for short. It's a rock drop to tranny. This is what it looked like yesterday. I forgot to get the final shot after today's shovel session, but we added about 8 inches to the top, and started dirting the LZ. We've got about an hour left on it, and it should be ready.

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't say the difference is night and day, but it handles the chop better, and feels a bit deeper on the big hits. Mine blew up after about a month, so I've had it Push'd since then. I"m still not impressed with the square edge bump performance, but it feels great on the mid to big sized hits!

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
El Chingon said:
I wouldn't say the difference is night and day, but it handles the chop better, and feels a bit deeper on the big hits. I"m still not impressed with the square edge bump performance, but it feels great on the mid to big sized hits!
This echo's my thoughts of the highline and square hits.
I'd like to get ahold of a better shock soon.

how was the roco before and after the push treatment? good, better or great?

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It feels a bit better on square edge hits, but again, not night and day. I suspect it's more of an issue of axle path than shock performance. However, some of the guys out there running Avys say that the square edges disappear, so who knows. I am stoked on the drop and jumping performance however.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh yeah. There's a decent sized gap. We finished it up today. More rock, more dirt, and then created a dirt launching pad up top. Here's a couple more shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Non-gapper question here--what keeps your front wheel from digging in catastrophically on the inaugural huck? Do you run up and down on that fresh dirt to pack it down?

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
xcguy said:
Non-gapper question here--what keeps your front wheel from digging in catastrophically on the inaugural huck? Do you run up and down on that fresh dirt to pack it down?
We pack everything exactly the way you described....running up and down it. We have to let it dry for a few days first, as the dirt we used was pretty wet. Once dry, there is very little give in the dirt. The rock underneath makes for a very solid base. I should have pics on Mon or Tues of its deflowering. :D

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
El Chingon said:
Thanks TA. I was hoping Sanchez Claus would bring me some King Hubs in Pink, but no. :madman:
Ah bum, oh well any consolation no Kings and no pink stuff for me neither :madman:

Maybe ya will get some 09 surprises ;)

agree will the boys ya doing some fine work on ya trail builds, just awesome, lots of time put in there too,great satisfaction, topt work Sanchez! what a place to build, do you guy's un earth many snakes or just beat the ground before hand :eek:

Impressive all the same :thumbsup:

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
Actually we didn't run on it......it was too wet, I packed it with a shovel and by hand......it's pure clay, so when it's wet it has the consistency of really sloppy wet cement.....you shape it, and when it dries it's like cement.....SOLID!!!! Ben we should've got a shot from the top looking down for scare perspective :D BTW did you notice how much the camera flattens out the landscape, the landing is quite steep which =smooth!

The run of paradise was great!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.