Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do ya'll remember the 30 bikes we had stolen after Interbike 2007? Shortly after the heist, we managed to recover a total of 9 bikes. We're really happy to report that we recovered 4 more bikes yesterday bringing the total up to 13 recovered. Just 17 more to go! I won't get into details about how the whole deal went down, but let's just say viligence paid off...often times, stolen bikes seem to turn up just where and how you expect them to.

I have to extend a huge debt of gratitude to the local Sheriff's department. They have been nothing short of awesome and attentive to every lead we have brought them.

We're hopeful that this might lead to the recovery of the remainder of the bikes. We've heard they are still in the area somewhere, so we'll be keeping our eyes peeled for them.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats great news for the company! Also glad to hear that the sheriffs are doing their job too. Hopefully the bikes are in the same or close to same condition..? Any special prices on these newly recovered bikes( i had to ask,lol)? Ill buy some from the company if there discounted :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Great news !!!! Happy holidays !!!!

Here in Eugene Oregon we are rated at/near the top as per bikes and trails per people. We also have a HUGE theft problem. :skep:

A few years ago when we were racing alot, kids would steal bikes from kids at the track, basically bike-jacking them. Well one of the DJer's that raced got his bike ripped off by this theft ring. Time went by and like stated above word starts to leak around and they got info where the ring was located. My friend took the cops over to the house and they got entrance to the garage and my friend said when they opened the garage that it was filled floor to ceiling with frames and parts and bikes. The thieves were so cocky that they told the cop and my friend they could look but couldn't touch.

A few weeks later there was a ABA national in Grants Pass Oregon and my friend was at the AM/PM nearby and who happens to walk in???? The Ring of thieves, 130 miles away, they saw my friend and threatened him. My friend bailed back to the track and told the late Scott Snook of Bomber and he got on the horn and announced the theives were coming and to be aware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.