Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I don't know where best to post this but I'll ask you guys first. I've just got a ti CK headset and the top cap is black. Is this normal. I'm sure I've seen ti headsets with silver caps. If so were these silver caps just normal amulminim and not ti?

Help chris king lovers...

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
donkekus said:
They should really make a Ti headcap... why don't they?! Boone headcap?! BLING

TRM, I've been meaning to ask, is that Teri Schiavo?
Um... maybe? Come on man, you know its funny. She puked herself to heart faulure. I dont feel sorry for bulimics. Besides, I was getting bored of thundercats.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I was just curious... not trying to commenting on it.

Isn't it bizarre to see the people fighting over whether or not to put her feeding tube back in when the lady got herself into the mess in the first place because she didn't want to eat, and when she did she threw it up. The parents were just trying to exert some control over the situation which grew outta hand way before she was a vegetable.

And, the best part is the people that say "Why should YOU play God and remove her feeding tube?!"... when in reality, putting the freakin feeding tube IN is in itself
"playing God"...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ti would be heavier.

Aluminum is lighter than Titanium, so a Ti cap would be counter-productive versus the stock aluminum cap. This assumes that the purpose of buying a Ti set in the first place is to save weight. As for the bling factor... you could always have your aluminum cap gold-plated. Maybe you could also get somebody to mount an Mercedes hood ornament on there and then gold-plate it? Now THAT would be bling.

·
Custom User Title
7,430 Posts
bianchi4me said:
Maybe you could also get somebody to mount an Mercedes hood ornament on there and then gold-plate it? Now THAT would be bling.
Mike, you are MEAN today.

But speaking of goldplating - does anybody silver plate steel frames? How much would that cost?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was going for silly...but hit sarcastic.

Axe said:
Mike, you are MEAN today.

But speaking of goldplating - does anybody silver plate steel frames? How much would that cost?
I was trying more for silly/goofy with the bling comment...but re-reading it it does come across more in the condescending/snide tone. Must try to be more careful when posting at 2 am. I apologize if it sounds like an attempted put down.

Silver plating would be a serious corrosion issue unless you clear-coated it somehow...or bought a 55 gallon drum of Tarnex you could dip the frame in regularly. Gold-plating would be corrosion free.

A REALLY interesting plating idea is using Titanium Nitride or Chromium Nitride. Stuff they put on drill bits and knife blades. This gives you a goldish or silverish shine that is very durable. It's not horrifically expensive compared to a fancy custom paint job. I've been playing around with the idea of having a few hundred spokes done up this way. You're looking at a few bucks per spoke so it's not really commercially feasible, but it's an interesting technology. (Psst...thats your cue D8)

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
924 Posts
saga said:
Hi. I don't know where best to post this but I'll ask you guys first. I've just got a ti CK headset and the top cap is black. Is this normal. I'm sure I've seen ti headsets with silver caps. If so were these silver caps just normal amulminim and not ti?

Help chris king lovers...
The brand-new King Ti I got last summer also had a black top cap. I was just happy to get one, so I didn't mind. They are only made once a year in small batches, so when they are gone, they are gone. Enjoy the bling!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I don't mean to continue to derail this thread, but I have to agree with your last statement. My mom had brain damage from an aneurism (SP?) and we explicitly told the doctor, do not revive. If they never put that tube in, it wouldn't have been euthenasia. As far as the morality goes of starving her to death, I don't have a strong opinion either way. It's a lose lose situation, a choice between two evils. I do, however, feel that if they were to euthenise her, they couldn've found a more humane way than starvation. Letting her die "naturally" is just thier way of clearing their conscience.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
bmadau said:
I don't mean to continue to derail this thread, but I have to agree with your last statement. My mom had brain damage from an aneurism (SP?) and we explicitly told the doctor, do not revive. If they never put that tube in, it wouldn't have been euthenasia. As far as the morality goes of starving her to death, I don't have a strong opinion either way. It's a lose lose situation, a choice between two evils. I do, however, feel that if they were to euthenise her, they couldn've found a more humane way than starvation. Letting her die "naturally" is just thier way of clearing their conscience.
Just for arguments sake...
You thinking that it was inhumane suggests a normal set of parameters. You must remember this lady could not feel, so there was no humane/inhumane way. Letting her die is different than killing her (i.e. morphine overdose, etc).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.