Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
I have a Socom with the 135 drops and CK hub with Fun Bolts.

I didn't modify anything. They bolted right up.

I now have a 150mm spacing wheelset and drops that are taking up space in the garage.

·
Registered
618 Posts
How did you guys get this done? The fun bolts go from 12mm then step down to 10mm & the washers intended for 10mm dropouts do not work.

Hopefully I can finish my SS before thanksgiving but this is in my way right now.

Dre

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
just noticed this thread. I'm running a bolt-on king on my SS, leave all of the washers/spacers out and bolt it directly to the dropouts. You'll be good to go.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Yeah, just torque it down. But keep an eye on the bolts. I have had them come loose a couple times on me. Actually, keep an eye on the dropout bolts and shock mount bolts as well. The pivots are staying tight on mine but everything else is loosening on a regular basis still (maybe just settling) and creates a lot of flex in the rear-end when it does.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Err said:
And since Intense does not supply you with the 12mm axle, you'll need to source one. Hadley is prob the best place to get one.
Intense will sell you 12 mm axles! I got a 'no, ask Hadley' when I e-mailed them about it, but now I heard from my LBS it was no problem to get one from Intense for another customer. :confused:
The axles that Intense sells don't look like Hadleys, maybe Sun Ringle????

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.