Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im about to build a new Santa Cruz Blur. Im a pretty standard XC rider with no urge to do big jumps or anything.

What wheelset would you pick? (the price is the same)

Chris King ISO Disc Front Black 32h
Mavic 717 XC Disc 32h Black (317) Disc Rim
DT Swiss Spokes Revolution Stainless DB Black 2mm-1.5mm Lightweight XC Only
Chris King ISO Disc Rear Black 32h
Mavic 717 XC Disc 32h Black (317) Disc Rim
DT Swiss Spokes Revolution Stainless DB Black 2mm-1.5mm Lightweight XC Only

or

Mavic Crossmax XL UST Disc 05

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
I run the King ISO hubs on Mavic XM819 rims but I run the DT SuperComp spokes. And like Shiggy says - nothing beats a good hand build.

I've always liked the bling of Mavic wheel "systems" but if a part of the systems breaks - you have only once place to get the parts... Mavic... Not all shops stock freehubs or spokes for CrossMax wheels.

FF

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
I run the King ISO hubs on Mavic XM819 rims but I run the DT SuperComp spokes. And like Shiggy says - nothing beats a good hand build.

I've always liked the bling of Mavic wheel "systems" but if a part of the systems breaks - you have only once place to get the parts... Mavic... Not all shops stock freehubs or spokes for CrossMax wheels.

FF
yeah. and not all shops are mavic dealers... meaning they can't order you spokes for broken spoked mavic wheels either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.