Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
My guess would be no due to this statement.

InSet™ is not a replacement for, or a solution to, loose drop-in bearing style headsets. Further, we do not advocate modifying your internal-style headtube to allow for the dimensions of this headset unless authorized by the frame manufacturer. In this very rare case, exact dimensions must be met to allow for compatibility. InSet™ is most likely not a solution to a backward looking problem so much as it is a compatibility option for contemporary bicycles.

·
flow where ever you go
1,526 Posts
the_owl said:
Why did Ibis use a Integrated Headset? My Homegrown has one as well.
I don't know why - though if they read this, they'll tell you. But no matter. Integrated cups on the Mojo and Tranny works perfectly and without issue and the CC 110is headset is every bit as good or better than CK.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
noshortcuts said:
I don't know why - though if they read this, they'll tell you. But no matter. Integrated cups on the Mojo and Tranny works perfectly and without issue and the CC 110is headset is every bit as good or better than CK.
I would guess to gain near 1/2 inch less stack height overall, plus bigger bearings and cleaner appearance, lighter weight overall working in a carbon fiber head tube not requiring a metal tube insert.

Yes the IS works fine in my Mojo. No slop.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Ridnparadise said:
Someone recently commented on the PUSH clinic thread that CK headsets cause problems in the Mojo (I think)
CK doesn't make an IS size headset which is required by the Mojo and Tranny.

I think the HD will fit a CK Inset if he does a tapered HT version, maybe just the lower.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Ridnparadise said:
Someone recently commented on the PUSH clinic thread that CK headsets cause problems in the Mojo (I think)
I posted that. CK doesn't make a integrated headset. They have problems with using CK headsets on the fork steerer tube. A CK headset will score the tube, making a fatigue point. This is the number one problem they see with forks that come in for service at PUSH. I was completely floored by this statement.

Erik

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the difference between IS3 and IS110, is it worth the extra $? I ride in wet and muddy conditions 80% of the time and my current IS3 looks like the bottom bearing set is developing problems.

Do IS2 bearing fit in IS3 headset?

Additionally does the IS3i fit Mojo's?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Gate25 said:
What is the difference between IS3 and IS110, is it worth the extra $? I ride in wet and muddy conditions 80% of the time and my current IS3 looks like the bottom bearing set is developing problems.

Do IS2 bearing fit in IS3 headset?

Additionally does the IS3i fit Mojo's?
Here's all the info on headsets for Ibis http://www.ibiscycles.com/support/technical_articles/headsets/

IS3i DOES NOT fit the Mojo. Use that one for the Silk and Hakkalugi.

The IS3 does fit the Mojo / Mojo SL / Tranny. The IS110 fits as well and is more corrosion resistant (and should last longer) due to the use of stainless steel parts.

Cheers!

Hans

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.