Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Have Gnarly Potential
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Chris king make a hub that works with shimano XTR style disk breaks? (splined instead of 6 bolt)

I saw the chris king site and their new ISO hubs are just 6 bolt ISO standard, i saw they have a older universal disk hub with adapters, does that fit the XTR system and are those hubs as good as the ISO's?

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
The CK universal rear hub sounds like what you're looking for:

"By using adaptors designed to work with most current disc brake systems, the Chris King Disc hubs are the most versatile you can buy."

Wherever you order the hub from just ask about the XTR disk brake adapter.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I don't believe the universal version of the CK hub was ever intended to work with Shimano splines (the Shimanos came out quite a bit after that model of CK hub, the ISO version of the CK hub is more modern). You only need to find a rotor that is 6-bolt and same diameter, it will work with the calipers/mounts. There may be some minor issues with thickness of rotor from what I've seen, but generally rotors are positioned the same whether mounted by the ISO (6-bolt) or Shimano splines. Sounds strange for Shimano to keep it in the same place, I know...

ps I see that there might be an issue with brake track from other posts on the other thread by the OP, wonder if that can't be resolved by shims on the adaptor or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.