Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
If you have Chris King's Classic (non-disc) hubs, you can send them back to Chris King and they can convert them to their ISO hubs for a charge (the rear was pretty cheap because it is just a swap of the shell, the front is a little more expensive because there are some other parts to swap out) - send Chris King an e-mail and they can give you a price breakdown and tell you where to ship them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cost of hub change

I sent a mail to CK regarding this hub change and I have got this answer:

"The cost for this service:
Front ISO hub shell = $89.00 USD
Rear Hub shell = $89.00 USD
Front disc axle = $30.00 USD
Front disc axle end = $14.00 USD
Labor charge = $40.00 USD ($15 front + $25 rear hub overhaul)
Shipping charges = $$ The customer is responsible for all shipping
charges to and from KCG factory. King Cycle Group is not responsible
for any taxes, duties, nor fees associated with international
shipments. The estimate total = $262.00 USD plus shipping."

Since I live in Sweden/Europe, there is a effective 25-30% VAT added on this package (anything imported outside the EU) which means that this conversion would cost me $340. Add the shipping charge (yes, there is a tax added on that cost also) and it is cheaper for me to sell my Classics and get some new ISO Discs in my choice of colour from an eBay store.

Since the ISO Disc front hub, for example, can be had for $169 incl shipping, I do not really see the point for any American either getting the $148 + shipping ISO hub change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.