Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chris King Headsets on Ebay - Genuine/fake?

Are CK headsets copied? There are a few on Ebay in the US and one in the UK (where I am). Obviously I don't want to buy a copy. The cheapest I have seen online in the uk is £95....about $175 US.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Chris King headsets are not copied. $175 US sounds a bit steep and there are eBay sellers here in the states that will ship worldwide, but some don't. However you should be able to get one for around $100 US, plus $20 shipping or so, in new or little used condition from the US site in about any flavor you want. Just make sure it is the right size as they make 1" and 1 1/8" sizes. I find auctionsniper.com is useful for picking up bike parts off eBay, set your price and forget it. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
boris the blade said:
the cost in USD is higher because the dollar is not holding value aginst the GBP. Also i think the price that he is refering to is from a British mail order company.
Dude, I know about exchange rates. If he buys a headset on US eBay for $100 USD he will end up paying around 60 GBP shipped to his flat in England. If he can get it for that over there from a shop, more power to him.

Visit the US, the New Mexico.

·
Registered
46 Posts
CK on Ebay

I have purchased two CK headsets from Ebay in the past few months. I paid 105 USD for the first one and 109 USD for the second one last week. I did the Buy It Now option for both of them and they were both brand new. Never had a problem. You may be able to get them cheaper if you are willing to wait the auction out. Never heard of CK fakes.

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers fellas!

Retail form a CK Dealer is £125 I think, which is about $237.

I saw that those prices were cheaper anyway, and with the exchange rate in my favour even if I pay duty it is a lot cheaper.

My OEM (Diacomp I think) headset is sounding quite crunchy after 4 years.

Cheers again fellas!

Stu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.