Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
Those are most certainly discontinued items from Chris King.

There's a guy from Japan on eBay selling them though (yikes!!)

· DAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN
101 Posts
I have a set (2 bolts for one wheel) I was gonna use on a singlespeed about 8 years ago and never did. They have been sitting in my parts bin. Hit me up and we can work something out. Not sure what they are worth these days. You let me know.

· West Chester, PA
5,015 Posts
That is correct. And a 3/8" plain shank! Good old metric and imperial mixing...
For the love of god, please stop the bad info. It stays on here forever.
The fun bolts have a 10mm shoulder and 12mm thread. You can't remove them with the wheel in the dropouts.
There are NO readily available bolts like this. You could hog out your dropouts for 12mm bolts I guess... good plan.

· Registered
304 Posts
Calm down... no need to stress...

The shank is 3/8" (not 10mm). The thread is M12 x 1.0. These are facts.

Anyone with a few brain cells will be able to work out what the bolt looks like, because 12mm is larger than 3/8". Simple. So as you said earlier in the thread, a little lathe time and you can easily make a corresponding bolt from by starting with a regular M12 x 1.0.

· Registered
2 Posts
Calm down... no need to stress...

The shank is 3/8" (not 10mm). The thread is M12 x 1.0. These are facts.

Anyone with a few brain cells will be able to work out what the bolt looks like, because 12mm is larger than 3/8". Simple. So as you said earlier in the thread, a little lathe time and you can easily make a corresponding bolt from by starting with a regular M12 x 1.0.
I'm searching for a pair of Fun bolts as well.
Now, admittedly, I don't have a lot of brain cells left, :) but that being said, I can't find this bolt spec anywhere? I've been searching direct at bolt manufacturers, machinist and etc and cannot locate this spec combination. I can find M12 x 1.50 or 1.175 thread, but 1.0 seems to be non-existent in a M12 sizing.

Any additional suggestions?

I've reached out to CK to confirm specs, but have not heard back.

Cheers-

1 - 20 of 41 Posts