Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of buying parts and building my pugs. I was wondering if I can use the CK BB on a pugsley? I guess the cups would thread in fine but what about the shell in the middle? Because they don't make the 100mm version can I still use the BB without the middle shell?

any tips? otherwise I'm going to use the RaceFace Diabolus cranks/bearing set.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
The inboard side of the King BB bearing cartridge has a thin plastic shield. Nothing else. This allows the grease injection tool to push grease in the back of the bearing and out the outside seal. That inner plastic disc is not a real seal and more of a fig leaf, so I think you would want SOME kind of housing to separate the BB's inner guts from the frame's BB shell where all the crap from the frame drains. You could probably make something spiffy by taking the included King tube, cutting it, and splicing something together, or just suck it up and run something else entirely.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If you wanted to... as suggested... you could just find some sort of plastic/pvc tubing the right diameter, add some rubber o-rings, and use that. It'd be cheap and no one would ever see it but it'd do exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I actually just talked to the folks at chris king about this a couple of days ago and that is what they recommended. imo the grease injection tool makes the king bb is a really good choice for snow bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.