Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

im looking to purchase a rear iso 135mm x 12mm hub 36h black - and i cant seem to find one in stock anywhere! what gives!?

it looks as though universal cycles doesnt even carry them and i emailed aspirevelotech, and they told me late spring.

anyone have any tips?

thanks

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
King just doesn't have the capacity to keep up with stock for all the different products they make, and based on other threads around here they put the 36h hubs lower on the priority list. Just going from memory, some guy had been waiting on a regular 36h hub from King since November. They added a lot of popular new products lines recently but apparently not much if any production capacity. Oh well, it's better to be sought-after and elusive than over-abundant and having to sell old stock at a loss

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,807 Posts
lifeis11 said:
hello all,

im looking to purchase a rear iso 135mm x 12mm hub 36h black - and i cant seem to find one in stock anywhere! what gives!?

it looks as though universal cycles doesnt even carry them and i emailed aspirevelotech, and they told me late spring.

anyone have any tips?

thanks
I have a 135mm x 12mm 32H black rear hub...............if you're interested

I can also put that axle in a lightly used 36H Silver Hub w/SS Driveshell

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've been waiting on my Chris King hubs since October! Just got confirmation today that they are going to be in next Tuesday. Mango, 36h rear is what's taking so long. I wanted SS drive shell but no ETA on those

We shall see......

·
Plays with tools
4,650 Posts
if they would cut there color count in half it would solve most of there capacity problems. I wonder if they are running those CNC centers around the clock?

Supposedly with the guys at Enve using there hubs in there builds and there business blowing up in Europe they were caught a little off guard and went from respectable stock levels to shameful in the matter of a couple of months. When you add all of the new headset standards they are keeping up with it gets to be a lot of extra product from what they did 5 years ago.

G

·
I had been waiting on a set since November..I finally gave up in Jan and went with 19 hubs..as I already had another King Wheel set..that i really liked I was not sure but I really dig the 19s..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mtnbiker4life said:
I have a 135mm x 12mm 32H black rear hub...............if you're interested

I can also put that axle in a lightly used 36H Silver Hub w/SS Driveshell

im interested in just that axle, if you're selling.

check your pm's

thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
My guess is this will be even more of an issue coming up, as from what I've been reading a couple of the big name manufacturers (Specialize, Giant) are moving to this size hub/axle for their 29'ers for 2013.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.