Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
bighitboy said:
Gary Fisher, Trek, and Bonatgear are all the same company when it comes down to the pennies. Yes that is a carbon copy of a Diesel, only the DH model had the weird arse chain redirection thing, for 4000, there were much better bikes, thats why it didn take off. idc much about the new frame, but i really like the looks of that 666 on there. single pivot gets the job done, multipivot gets the job doen, but hell they r all better than hardtails :D ;) it doesnt matter- but i do prefer FSR over anytype its what ever u like, not whats the best
gah damn. its 66 not 666, but good point otherwise.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
OMG its only a 66? lol why not a 666 like the 888, but zoke is a sell out they be banned like Evil, the world is a prretty gay place. its only 1 1/8 i believe. So does it have 7 or just 6 inches of travel, some say 7, some say 6? looks cool and heavy, and perfect for my new VP Free lol mayeb 777, but u can get the 888, inn 777. must be it aint made for double black diamond damn marketers!!!!!!!!!! just freeride

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i am mocking the entire genre of biking industry, and how EVIL was banned from mba,, and other companys, cause it had to do with satan. and how the bikign industry and people make fun of freeride, just because of how its spelled and looks, and how people put so much into names, when its really all about the end performance!!!!!!! take that MBA

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
bighitboy said:
OMG its only a 66? lol why not a 666 like the 888, but zoke is a sell out they be banned like Evil, the world is a prretty gay place. its only 1 1/8 i believe. So does it have 7 or just 6 inches of travel, some say 7, some say 6? looks cool and heavy, and perfect for my new VP Free lol mayeb 777, but u can get the 888, inn 777. must be it aint made for double black diamond damn marketers!!!!!!!!!! just freeride
Because they figured they'd sell more forks than if it was called the 666.

·
bored
168 Posts
bighitboy said:
i am mocking the entire genre of biking industry, and how EVIL was banned from mba,, and other companys, cause it had to do with satan. and how the bikign industry and people make fun of freeride, just because of how its spelled and looks, and how people put so much into names, when its really all about the end performance!!!!!!! take that MBA
Gotcha. I was just wondering if the number "666" had some sort of significance that I wasn't aware of.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
zedro said:
then why dont you design one then? i mean its just a matter of making something look different right?....
um...i am... :rolleyes:

(man for a moderator ur a bit of a dumbass)

·
bored
168 Posts
BJ- said:
um...i am... :rolleyes:

(man for a moderator ur a bit of a dumbass)
I don't know about that. BJ--how are you designing your bike, i.e. are you just making something you think will work, or are you carefully calculating every nuance of the wheelpath for several pivot loations and suspension designs, ultimately choosing the one that works best?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well actually, this Gary Fisher is quite a bit different, sure single pivot and such, but different pivot location, definitely enough to make a difference. Fisher did the Repack which was the same as the Diesel, but this isn't the same thing at all. If you actually did a little thinking or studied some engineering at all, ya might figure out a little bit of a change in pivot location makes a sh!tload of difference. So single pivots can work (and actually there are more single pivots than most of you dimwits realize that use a linkage to actuate the shock). I've ridden many different types of bikes, FSR, single pivots and some kinds of linkages, but ya know some of these bikes need SPV of some kind of pedalling platform, but yet my Diesel doens't need it... and holy sh!t, it's a single pivot. Go figure, maybe the ACTUALLY did a little research on it. Now if you want to say Trek or any of their companies doesn't do any research on their bikes, look at Trek's freeride bike that they are working on, that uses a little more than just a single pivot... hmm, interesting, eh? Uses a linkage to actuate the shock....
Nate

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
zedro said:
so when (or if) you finally reveal your design, i guess i will show no mercy....
he posted it up a while ago i think. i seem to remember you saying it looked good.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
konabiker said:
he posted it up a while ago i think. i seem to remember you saying it looked good.
ahh missed this one...http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=37669&highlight=design

seems he decided to draw a picture of a bike without even building a workable linkage system....and by that i mean he admittedly just made something look different yet has no clue what travel he'll even get out of it, let alone suspension and braking dynamics and drivetrain issues.

Maybe you can start hot rod designs on a bar napkin, but when you try with a DH bike, its called form over function...

i would continue but i'm dumb enough to stop here....

·
Registered
9 Posts
bighitboy said:
Gary Fisher, Trek, and Bonatgear are all the same company when it comes down to the pennies. Yes that is a carbon copy of a Diesel, only the DH model had the weird arse chain redirection thing, for 4000, there were much better bikes, thats why it didn take off. idc much about the new frame, but i really like the looks of that 666 on there. single pivot gets the job done, multipivot gets the job doen, but hell they r all better than hardtails :D ;) it doesnt matter- but i do prefer FSR over anytype its what ever u like, not whats the best
Dude, I couldn't agree more, the FSR design is my favorite design ever made. Specialized rules. :cool:

41 - 56 of 56 Posts