Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Master_Jako said:
werd---the only reason single pivot is still used is because companies dont want to pay $$$ to buy the rights from other compienes to use FSR, VPP, and 4 bar link(which is basicaly a single pivot). FSR is by far the best suspension design there is...you cannot argue about it
well if they dont want to spend money on royalties they could actually put some effort into their bike. wow. that seems rare these days. oh we'll just make a single pivot. they could come up with some new design that works great but instead they just make something like everyone else has.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
i must admit...

single pivot bikes are much like romic shocks...ok for some ppl and maby if thats what ur looking for (a light and simple frame design) but to most ppl they suck ass...

and more ppl need to get off there asses and design new frame linkages...coz i think most ppl are getting sick of seeing the same old stuff with different tubing...

oh and the bike is nice...not my kinda thing tho...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
BJ- said:
and more ppl need to get off there asses and design new frame linkages...coz i think most ppl are getting sick of seeing the same old stuff with different tubing...
then why dont you design one then? i mean its just a matter of making something look different right?....

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
Duncan is pretty much a dirtjump only guy from what i've seen, so id assume if that bike made it into production id be marketed more as a DJ fs bike, kinda like the new cowan bike. I wouldnt really care about it being single pivot, how much brake jack are you going to encounter on a rythem section?

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
Beau's vision of hell.

Beau said:
I think the days of the single pivots are gone. IMO they blow :O

Looks cool though with the blacked out look. I like the Fisher hardtail though!! Still not bad for being one of the sh!ttiest (is that a word?)companies (Trek/Fisher) in the world.

Beau
For the rest of eternity having to ride a Trek single pivot with a '98 Manitou dual crown grease fork...in Kansas! Muuhaaahaaaa! Mmmmm...I love the smell of brimstone in the morning. :p

·
Registered
557 Posts
MqtRider said:
Talked to him and he's totally stoked on it. Says it handle's beautifully, takes the big hits, and manuals like no other. Looks to be similar to the Trek Diesel. We'll see if it makes it to production. I can't say enough on how nice that guy is. He'll talk to anyone as if he's been your friend for ever. He'd hit the double set and come back and tell us what changes he needs to make, then do it, then come back and tell us if it worked or not.
Yeah, Chris is a good guy for sure.... I have hung out with him on a few occasions... A very positive person for sure. Plus he has a vision for the direction in which he wants to take his riding that is crazy.... Watch for him to be doing more than just dirt jumping in the future..

Brian

·
Registered
500 Posts
Exactly.......

TNC said:
For the rest of eternity having to ride a Trek single pivot with a '98 Manitou dual crown grease fork...in Kansas! Muuhaaahaaaa! Mmmmm...I love the smell of brimstone in the morning. :p
hahahahahahaha.......That's great! But hey, I would still be able to ride. So I guess hell wouldn't be to bad!

Beau

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tully said:
That looks like a good, solid bike. For Fisher's fist attempt at a true freeride bike, it should be pretty good if it goes into production--it's a proven design, so they just need to get the geometry right.
Well, second attempt.....

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
mtbman4 said:
Well, second attempt.....
Did they just take this one out of the closet and change it cosmetically?

·
Registered
155 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Did they just take this one out of the closet and change it cosmetically?
Don't know too much about it to tell you the truth...
Same as a Deisel as far as I can tell. Maybe you Trek/ Fisher riders can tell more about it?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
mtbman4 said:
Don't know too much about it to tell you the truth...
Same as a Deisel as far as I can tell. Maybe you Trek/ Fisher riders can tell more about it?
they were the same bike, just different part spec i believe

·
Registered
9 Posts
The first one looks like a carbon copy of the Orange, and the second looks like a Trek Diesel with Gary Fisher stickers slapped on it. It's nice, but just another single pivot, so I'm not too impressed. It's still nice though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
binary visions said:
Don't bother. There's more suspension ignorance in this thread than a dozen people could correct...
hence, no response:D

i'm gonna go lube my TPC now....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Gary Fisher, Trek, and Bonatgear are all the same company when it comes down to the pennies. Yes that is a carbon copy of a Diesel, only the DH model had the weird arse chain redirection thing, for 4000, there were much better bikes, thats why it didn take off. idc much about the new frame, but i really like the looks of that 666 on there. single pivot gets the job done, multipivot gets the job doen, but hell they r all better than hardtails :D ;) it doesnt matter- but i do prefer FSR over anytype its what ever u like, not whats the best

21 - 40 of 56 Posts