Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to him and he's totally stoked on it. Says it handle's beautifully, takes the big hits, and manuals like no other. Looks to be similar to the Trek Diesel. We'll see if it makes it to production. I can't say enough on how nice that guy is. He'll talk to anyone as if he's been your friend for ever. He'd hit the double set and come back and tell us what changes he needs to make, then do it, then come back and tell us if it worked or not.

Attachments

·
bored
168 Posts
That looks like a good, solid bike. For Fisher's fist attempt at a true freeride bike, it should be pretty good if it goes into production--it's a proven design, so they just need to get the geometry right.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Scope th' fork on it....Zokieee 66 Buhddy...hmmmm

Is it just me or does that fork look a'lil extended to be a SC?? Guess th' "new fork configs" are gonna take a'lil gettin' used to, fer me anyhoo. It's a Zokie so it should be fine. :p

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
Is it just me or does that fork look a'lil extended to be a SC?? Guess th' "new fork configs" are gonna take a'lil gettin' used to, fer me anyhoo. It's a Zokie so it should be fine. :p
the marzocchi 66 has 170mm of travel.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
You know your right....

P's are th' S. :D ;) :p :D :cool:

·
Registered
757 Posts
That thing totally looks like a Specialized Bighit single-pivot from 03' ..

hehehehehee...

(just bigger).

·
Registered
500 Posts
I dunno.........

I think the days of the single pivots are gone. IMO they blow :O

Looks cool though with the blacked out look. I like the Fisher hardtail though!! Still not bad for being one of the sh!ttiest (is that a word?)companies (Trek/Fisher) in the world.

Beau

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Beau said:
Looks cool though with the blacked out look. I like the Fisher hardtail though!! Still not bad for being one of the sh!ttiest (is that a word?)companies (Trek/Fisher) in the world.

Beau
yeah, all that great service and warranty policy...damn you trek!!!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
zedro said:
all that great service and warranty policy

You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding.

They are THE WORST company I have ever delt with as a dealer for warranty/service/dealer loyalty. Oh yeah, and they never have a damn thing in stock.

Beau

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
zero,

duncan's crazy smooth and wouldn't need heavier wheels. ever watched him ride?

heavier wheels mess with a bike's behavior in the air, too... gyroscopics etc.

just because there's heavier-duty stuff doesn't mean he needs to use it. smooth riders get away with less weight and burl all the time.

·
Registered
827 Posts
for the noobs- it doesn't look anything like a Diesel (aside from the completely different tubeset, the shock mounting is different and it doesn't have the chain change direction guide thingy), or a bighit spec. just cuz it has one pivot doesn't make it the same bike.
beau- single pivots blow? got some rational behind that, or just a blanket statement?

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
smelly said:
for the noobs- it doesn't look anything like a Diesel (aside from the completely different tubeset, the shock mounting is different and it doesn't have the chain change direction guide thingy), or a bighit spec. just cuz it has one pivot doesn't make it the same bike.
beau- single pivots blow? got some rational behind that, or just a blanket statement?

If it has the same geometry and shock location, it is the same as the desiel. Sure, it might have some different tubing, but they used the exact same idea. Yip-dee-friggin-do, they just reinvented the bullit. Now, will it cost more than a bullit?

And single pivots can blow chunks. If they have mid to higher pivots, they easily lock out in rough terrain when you try to pedal, creating "pedal feedback" which in a few words, makes it "feel like a$$" in rock gardens and rough sections. They are also not the best pedaling bikes either, usually requiring some sort of "helper-shock". They of course are not very active in braking either, requiring a floating-brake to brake as well as bikes like FSRs...

Yeah, single pivots can blow, some are "ok", the new fisher-bullit is nothing to get excited about...unless it was 1998.

edit: Looking at the picture again, it's definitely a high-pivot single-pivot bike...lol, it doesn't get much worse than that these days.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Jm. said:
If it has the same geometry and shock location, it is the same as the desiel. Sure, it might have some different tubing, but they used the exact same idea. Yip-dee-friggin-do, they just reinvented the bullit. Now, will it cost more than a bullit?

And single pivots can blow chunks. If they have mid to higher pivots, they easily lock out in rough terrain when you try to pedal, creating "pedal feedback" which in a few words, makes it "feel like a$$" in rock gardens and rough sections. They are also not the best pedaling bikes either, usually requiring some sort of "helper-shock". They of course are not very active in braking either, requiring a floating-brake to brake as well as bikes like FSRs...

Yeah, single pivots can blow, some are "ok", the new fisher-bullit is nothing to get excited about...unless it was 1998.

edit: Looking at the picture again, it's definitely a high-pivot single-pivot bike...lol, it doesn't get much worse than that these days.
werd---the only reason single pivot is still used is because companies dont want to pay $$$ to buy the rights from other compienes to use FSR, VPP, and 4 bar link(which is basicaly a single pivot). FSR is by far the best suspension design there is...you cannot argue about it

1 - 20 of 56 Posts