Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a long time Speedgoat Cycles fan from growing up and riding throughout the Mid-Atlantic and NE, I've followed Chris' work over the years including the development of his suspension system.

It's finally landed at Jamis with two new 3VO bikes, the Portal and Hardline (no Speedgoat???):

Jamis® 3VO Suspension Bikes

Jamis Bikes releases new 3VO suspension platform - Mtbr.com

I'm impressed and look forward to first rides which are certainly around the corner.

It checks some boxes for me: new and innovative; available in alloy; tidy suspension with good aesthetics and; likely affordable coming from Jamis.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I emailed Jamis and they said late summer. Seems so far away. Hopefully someone will get ride impressions before then.

·
Columbus, GA
338 Posts
Well to make your decision more difficult, I have a Release 2 and it's a fantastic bike.
Haha, well, in a way it makes it easier only because I know the Jamis won't be as cheap even though it'll probably still be reasonable. But I also want a new car so I have to figure out what I want to spend my money on the most. And my 2009 Jamis XCT 2.0 is still doing pretty well, it would just be nice to experience the advances made in bikes in 8-9 years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Portal geometry

So we'll have to wait for having more news about these bikes. In Europe we'll have some bikes in October in the shops and the first customer deliveries will be in January.

I've tried recently an Evil the following MB size XL and it was really fun. It seems that the Portal have quite the same geometry. Any advice?

The Evil bike is fun but expensive and don't seems really reliable.

test.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
softest rollout ever?

wonder if they'll have any sea otter demos?
FactoryMatt, They will have about 8 bikes there on display, however they are not going to have any demo rides going on. Here is the link to the demo tour ,https://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/event-calendar.html, looks like the demo fleet is on the other side of the country now. its only showing into May but in NC, VA area during the next few months. Check with some local dealers, they may have one to check out.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
FactoryMatt, They will have about 8 bikes there on display, however they are not going to have any demo rides going on. Here is the link to the demo tour ,https://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/event-calendar.html, looks like the demo fleet is on the other side of the country now. its only showing into May but in NC, VA area during the next few months. Check with some local dealers, they may have one to check out.
Thanks for response, but this is unfortunate :(

The link sent shows Sea Otter as a Demo event.

If a AAA brand came out with this design it'd be everywhere. Such a shame that marketing budget behind it seems so limited (and the lack of a carbon version).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts