Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Something else to consider, those hubs may only have two bearings.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Chosen site, some of their hubs are advertised as having two bearings, others four.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think they have four on the rear..from the pic they seem to have what chosen calls MGC..which seems to have more than thirty poe..but cant confirm because i dont have the model

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok..i bit the dust and got me a pair of these..they are light and engage fast..120 POE on them..i would say around 3-4 degrees-ish engagement...they are definitely a big improvement over my stock giant hubs..i find them easier to drive around and smoother as well. i especially appreciate the quick engagement on climbs

·
The joy of ski is Yours
1,366 Posts
Brief Internet search gave up this article on Road Bike Review - Chosen Hubs?

My 2c is to avoid any company with a history of shadowing others work and unique products. Especially now with counterfeits wedging themselves into a lot of marketplaces.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well...i think some major brands contract them to manufacture their hubs which is what that link you posted stated..i still think its worth a shot and I am happy with them. they seem sturdy for XC racing and just came from a ride and they were awesome. i know there are some companies that make stuff that break in a few rides. i don't think this is one of them

·
The joy of ski is Yours
1,366 Posts
Understood - it's just sometimes, when some manufacturer chooses to enter the marketplace in that kind of fashion: they look like money-launderers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha..yeah..i hear ya and I totally agree. they should focus on quality instead of quantity

1 - 12 of 12 Posts